1. Delivery methods management panel
Configuration of delivery methods can be found in the tab Configuration -> Delivery methods
The administrator can :
Note: Configuration of delivery methods is required before the platform is
2. Adding new delivery method
To add a new delivery method, fill in the following fields:
Delivery methods - choose one of 3 available delivery methods
- Click % Collect - receiving the goods at the point that is assigned to the customer / selected by the customer (if such a possibility is available).
- Courier - shipping of goods by courier, forwarding or own transport. When adding this type of delivery method, it is necessary to indicate the warehouse from which the goods will be sent.
- Cross Docking - Sending goods from the central warehouse and collecting them at the selected point.
- Shipping size - If you have configured shipment sizes, select the sizes that will be supported by the delivery option - you can assign multiple package sizes to one delivery method.
Note: If you do not have configured shipment sizes, skip this field.
- Payment method - The administrator can choose which payment methods are available for a given shipping method. The configuration results in the fact that the user, after choosing the delivery method, has the possibility to choose only the payment method that has been assigned to it.
Note: If you do not want to make your available payment methods dependent on the selected delivery method, skip this field.
- Priority - specify the delivery priority. The default delivery method during the ordering process will be the one with the highest priority available to the user. The drop down list of delivery method choices during the ordering process is also arranged by assigned priority.
Note: Priority "1" is the highest priority, i.e., a delivery method with priority "1" will be displayed before the delivery method with priority "2", etc..
- External ID - the field is used to name a given delivery method for integration purposes (may be the same as the name)
Free shipping from - provide the value of the shipment after which the selected delivery method is for free.
After exceeding this value the delivery method becomes free for the customer. The value is calculated from the value of products in a given shipment
- Default price - default price (net) of the added delivery method
Note: If shipment sizes have been configured, the price is taken from the package size first. If two parcel sizes are assigned to a delivery method, then the price of the size in which the selected products fit is displayed.
- Name - the name of the delivery method displayed to the customer
- Description - description of a given delivery method, which is displayed to the user on the shopping cart after selecting this delivery method. Additional information about this delivery method should be included in this description.
- Delivery time - expressed in days (1 = 24h). The delivery time is displayed on the shopping cart. The customer can choose any date but not earlier than the one configured in this field (including free days, which are configurable in the calendar.
- Order up to - The delivery time also depends on the time when the user makes the order. Up to the entered time the shipping time is the same as entered in the field above, after exceeding this time the time is extended by one working day.
Note: the system uses GMT universal time, therefore the time should be converted from local time to GMT and then entered into the system.