What is the effect of the promotion?
The effect of the promotion is a different way of influencing the value of products in the customer's basket. Thanks to the different types of effects available, we can personalize our promotional campaigns for different products, product categories or include a discount on the entire value of the shopping cart. The effects will be included in the shopping cart once the conditions assigned to the promotional campaign are met.
Available promotion effects:
- Product discount - discount on specific products that we define when adding the effect of the promotion
- Category discount - discount on a specific product category which we define when adding the effect of the promotion
- Cart discount - discount on the whole shopping basket of the customer
Discount types available:
Each of the effects of the promotion should be assigned the type of promotion and its value.
- Amount - a fixed value to be subtracted from the value of the product or basket to be promoted
- Percentage - the value expressed as a percentage to be deducted from the product, category or entire shopping basket as determined by the effects of the promotion
NOTE: Promotions are combined with discounts resulting from the price list.
It means that if customer C has a 20% discount on a given product resulting from the price list,
if there is a promotion, e.g. 50%, it will be counted from this individual price
assigned directly to the customer.
NOTE: Effects are implemented in the order in which they were added.
For example, effects are added in the following order:
1) 5% percentage discount on product X
2) Amount discount on product X of PLN 50
5% of the product price will be deducted from the price of the product first,
and then a 50 $ rebate.
Product price: 100 $
1) 100 - (100*5%) = 95
2) 95 - 50 = 45
Product price after the application of promotional effects: 45 $