What is functionality?
Draft products is a functionality that enables the merchant to offer products that are not available in the standard sales offer.
Draft products are products that a merchant can offer to a customer, while they are not available for regular sale. If the product is not visible on e-commerce, the merchant can add it to the offer as a draft product. Such a product is created by him in ONe or uploaded from the PIM system with the appropriate status.
If the offer is sent to the customer and he approves it, all draft products are sent for approval in the ERP system. When the product is approved, the salesman can make a sale with it - to the customer to whom he offered it and to other customers, because then the product is already active and visible on the sales platform.
How to use it?
Configuration of work products in Epim Mapper
In order for draft products to appear in the product catalog, they must be assigned the appropriate status. In Epim Mapper, you can enter the status of a product:
To assign a product status in ePIM you must:
1. Log in to ePIM and go to edit the selected product
2. Go to ATTRIBUTES tab and find attribute named "product_status"
3. Select the "modify" option for this attribute
4. Choose the product status from the drop-down list: active or draft
5. Save your changes by clicking "save" button
Note! Products that do not have a defined status or a status that is
not supported by ONe, are treated as active products!
Activities on the merchant side
Sending the customer an offer
Trader has to go to administration panel and log in to his account
In order to add a working product to the system, enter the name of the selected customer in the customer search engine and click Create -> New offer
- After selecting the "Add products" option, filter the products by "Working" status and search for the product
- After finding the product you are looking for, in order to add the product to the offer, select "Add to offer" option
- Once a work product has been added to an offer, the merchant has the option to submit it for set up/acceptance by selecting the "Submit Product for Set Up/Acceptance" option.
When this happens, information is sent to the ERP system regarding the need to create a product, and the product changes status from "Working product" to "Sent".
Further processing of the active product offer follows the instructions
*6. If the product fails to activate automatically, you must re-activate the product:
Note: At this time the functionality is not yet available to customers.
Adding your own work products to the catalog.
In ONe it is also possible to add your own work products to the catalog. In order to use this option you have to enable the option "Allow creation of work products" from the tab Backoffice > CONFIGURATIONS > SETTINGS > GENERAL > CATALOG
To add a work product to the system, you must:
The merchant must go to the administration panel and log in to their account
- In order to add a work product to the system, enter the name of the selected customer in the customer search engine and click Create -> New Offer
- In the window that opens, select "Add draft product to offer"
- A modal will open where it is possible to search for products by manufacturer code. This is to make sure that the product the User is looking for does not already exist in the system before creating a new work product
- In case the product is not found, it is possible to create a new draft product by clicking on the option "Add draft product to offer"
- Complete the product parameters, i.e. :
- PRODUCT NAME
- UNIT OF MEASURE
- LIST PRICE
7. After completing the data, click the "Add draft product to offer" button
Defining the values that can be selected in the window for adding a new work product,
is possible from Backoffice
under CONFIGURATIONS > VARIABLES > VAT RATES, UNITS OF MEASUREMENT, PRODUCERS
After adding a new draft product it is added to the product catalog in ONe , and then to the view of the created offer. The product is in the DRAFT_NEW status, so it is marked with the DRAFT label. In order to send it for approval to an external system, from the offer level click on the three-dot icon and choose the option SEND PRODUCT FOR APPLICATION/ACTIVATION.
Once this is done, this product changes status from DRAFT_NEW to DRAFT_SENT, which results in the label changing to "Sent".
Activating a product using the INTEGRATION API will cause the product on the Backoffice side to become an active product, able to be added to the cart and complete the order. If this product additionally has a label that defines what products are visible on the store, it will also be visible on ONE FRONTEND ( store).
Rejecting a product using the INTEGRATION API will cause it to be labeled "Rejected" on the Backoffice side and have the status "DRAFT_REJECTED).
Cykl życia produktu DRAFT: